In this video, Katrina McKinnon talks about the growing role of images in Search Engine Result Pages – or SERPs – and how you can use visual content marketing (images) to get customers to your website.
And by customers, we mean those who are pretty much ready to buy.
Here’s what we cover and what you’ll take away:
- 00:44 – What is visual content in marketing?
- How do well-known content marketing experts define it?
- And what don’t they go into that will really help you get more organic traffic?
- 02:22 – Why use images in content marketing?
- What sort of results are showing up at the top of SERPs today?
- Where do images sit in the SERPs alongside other features such as Related Questions?
- 04:25 – Examples of how images are used in SERP image packs
- How you can visually dominate the tops of SERPs using images.
- How do you tap into buyer intent through specific search queries?
- How can you grab coveted Featured Snippet or Knowledge Panel spots in SERPs?
- 09:38 – How we would help one example business improve their organic results
- How do you target the major SERP Features by using the right mix of images and text?
- How do you hijack the Related Questions in SERPs to grab even more opportunities?
- How do you boost your brand awareness using images in SERP Features?
- 13:24 – Summary: How you can easily produce content that exploits common search queries by bottom-of-funnel (ready to buy) customers
- How you can grab that top position in SERPs by using a combination of imagery and text.
How To Use Visual Content Marketing For Your Store
Applying a more strategic approach to using visual content in your store is definitely worth doing.
And it’s not rocket science.
Here’s an example tactic using size charts that you could emulate for your store.
Step 1: Find out what people at the bottom of your funnel are searching for (such as sarong size chart).
Step 2: Collect a few examples of size charts that you can copy and even improve on.
Step 3: Find a designer on Fiverr or other freelance marketplace and get them to redo the design using your branding and even useful imagery that demonstrates the product.
Step 4: Experiment with a combination of images and text (and images that look like text to search engines) that offer a solution to the search query.
Step 5: Upload the visual asset/s to your website in a contextually relevant way – ensure you optimise for SEO (alt tags, file name / size, etc) and link to a good page on your website that converts.
Step 6: Add Why Buy From Us content at the end of the page – It’s usually a high-traffic organic page and is an opportunity to tell people who you are.
Step 7: Benchmark the page’s performance prior to improving it and track its progress – refine, rinse, repeat.
What Visual Content Marketing Services Does McKinnon Group Provide?
Our team is intently focused on producing lots of high-quality content that attracts long term organic traffic to our clients’ websites.
Our clients rely on us to conceive, produce and measure massive amounts of visually-appealing content designed specifically to scale up the volume of leads flowing into their sales funnels.
Our proven approach creates lasting value for our clients.
Our results speak for themselves.
Get in touch with us today if you would like to talk about leveraging the power of content marketing for your business – without increasing your ad spend or hiring full-time content marketing specialists.